Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Guess We Should Have Killed Our Pigs

Maybe Egypt had the right idea (just kidding). We know that pigs have nothing to do with whether or not you get the swine flu. So I don't know what to blame. Jacob has been really sick since Friday, and no matter how much I begged him, he just wasn't getting any better. A quick trip to the doctor this afternoon brought some bad news - Jacob has swine flu. That means another week at home, resting and trying to get better. There's really nothing they can give him to make it better. However, they have given all the rest of us in the house (even Sarah and Emily even though they aren't living at home) a 10-day course of Tamiflu that will hopefully prevent us from getting the flu. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Poor Jakey! I hope he feels better soon, but it is kinda cool that I can say I know someone who has swine flu! But, really, mostly, I hope he gets better and quickly.

Nancy said...

Wow! No wonder he wasn't feeling well!

Myrna said...

Hmmm...one of the last things Josie did before we went to Canada was crawl around on top of boxes in your basement with Jacob...and she got really sick on Saturday and still doesn't feel 100%...